Despite modern advancements in medical technology, there will always be a possibility for mistakes in the delivery room. In fact, complications during childbirth are fairly common. However, if physicians cannot address these complications in a timely manner, then they risk serious birth injuries to the mother or baby.
Causes of Birth Injuries
- Failure to anticipate potential birth complications, like size and position of baby
- Failure to monitor or detect problems with fetal heart rate, oxygen levels or other fetal vital signs
- Failure to order a timely C-section
- Misuse or excessive use of delivery tools, such as forceps or vacuum extractor
- Excessive pulling on head or shoulders during delivery
Navigating the Aftermath
Together, our partners have more than 50 years of experience giving a voice to the smallest victims of medical malpractice. We work with a distinct blend of accessibility, compassion and relentless dedication to our clients’ cases. We understand the emotional trauma that often accompanies a birth injury and work closely with our clients to find comfort as their case proceeds.
Birth Injury Damages
- Past, present & future medical expenses
- Lost wages, if the injury prevents the baby’s ability to work
- Impairment or disfigurement
- Pain & suffering
Let’s Talk Next Steps
If you or your child were injured during childbirth, our medical malpractice attorneys want to hear from you. We understand the challenges you’re facing and are ready to fight for your recovery.Schedule a Free Consultation