Matt Devoti, Partner
Attorney Matt Devoti is trial-ready, with nearly 25 years of experience in personal injury. While he specializes in wrongful death claims and automotive collisions, his expertise encompasses a broader scope of personal injury cases including workers’ compensation claims, insurance coverage disputes and medical malpractice. With a strong knowledge of the business processes behind healthcare and decades of legal experience, Matt Devoti pursues compensation and peace of mind for all those making a personal injury claim.
Prior to joining Casey, Devoti & Brockland, Matt represented multiple hospitals in a major case against the tobacco industry. His experience working for such large corporations gave him valuable insight into the medical industry and built his resolve to represent clients compassionately. Since becoming a Casey Devoti partner in 2004, Matt has tried over 40 jury cases to conclusions and argued at least 15 appellate cases
Clients often describe Matt Devoti as knowledgeable and direct, making a personal injury claim as simple as possible. At Casey, Devoti & Brockland, he is known to dive deep into clients’ experiences following bodily injury and find meaningful solutions. Matt is a past president of the Lawyers Association of St. Louis. He also is a frequent lecturer to fellow lawyers on topics ranging from the examination of physician witnesses to the presentation of evidence at trial.
Matt Devoti is a born-and-raised St. Louisan who currently resides in the historic Hill neighborhood with his wife, Lauren. Together, they have five children — Joseph, Sophia, Nicholas, Lilly and Peter. Matt is proud to take part in the community, often volunteering his time and talents in service of professional and charitable organizations. He is a member of St. Ambrose Church and serves as a director for Hill 2000, an charitable neighborhood association. Apart from Casey, Devoti & Brockland, Matt Devoti also served his community as a board member of St. Martha’s Hall, a domestic violence shelter and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Gateway Chapter.
Want to start a case with Matt? Provide us some information to get started!
J.D., Saint Louis University
B.A., Westminster College
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Twenty-Second Judicial Commission
- The Injury Board
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis
First Vice President (2010-2011)
Executive Committee (2004-2008; 2013)
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, National Leadership Council, 2018
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Gateway Chapter, Outstanding CF Advocate, 2015
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory
- ‘AV’ Peer Review Rating for Highest Standards of Ability (A), 2004-Present
- ‘AV’ Peer Review Rating for Conduct, Ethics, Reliability, and Diligence(V), 2004-Present
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star – 2010-2012, Super Lawyer – 2013-2021
- Father of the Year, Notre Dame High School, 2019